Wall or two-block split systems are most often used in apartments, houses, small shops or offices. They consist of two blocks:
The indoor unit is responsible for the removal of condensate, it also supplies air cooled by the outdoor unit. Both units are connected by copper tubes through which coolant circulates. In most air conditioners, this is ATEX Air Conditioners . Since the motor is located inside the outdoor unit, the noise level in the room is quite low.
The location and type of indoor unit are chosen independently, guided by the features and dimensions of the room.
The impossibility of transportation with frequent moving
Split system, the most positive reviews about it - this is an inverter type air conditioner. It differs from the usual one in that when cooling the air when the desired temperature has already been reached, it does not turn off, but reduces the power of the work and constantly maintains the set temperature. The usual split system turns on and off, thereby using much more electricity than inventory.
Multi-split systems differ in that from two to five external units are connected to the outdoor unit. They are installed, for example, in offices or if the design of the facade of the house does not allow the installation of many outdoor units.
Channel split systems
Channel split systems have a complex structure and principle of operation:
- An outdoor unit that always comes in contact with fresh air. Through the outdoor unit, air enters the pre-production system, which supplies fresh air to the room through an electrically operated air valve.
- Further, the filter of the split system filters fresh air that enters from the outside. The heater heats the air, if necessary. It happens to water or electricity.
- Through the channel fan with a silencer, the airflow enters the supply duct of the intake system.
- Further, air enters the air conditioner unit, where it is brought to the set temperature.
- Through an air duct with a grill, the air is given into the room. Lattices are made of tin and can be either wall or ceiling.
One of the main advantages of channel split systems is the air conditioning of a room divided into different rooms. If a wall split system is installed in one room, then channel split systems supply air to different rooms. The disadvantages of such split systems are the difficult installation and the inability to separately adjust the temperature in different rooms. Also, their installation requires a suspended ceiling or sub-ceiling space.
Floor Split Systems
A fairly multifunctional air conditioner that does not require fixed installation. Usually, they buy it in rented apartments when there is a need to move, and the owners do not want to make an expensive gift. The operation process is reduced to fixing the condensation tube in the window and turning on the remote control button.
Of the advantages it is customary to highlight:
- Mobility - with frequent moving it is easy to take with you since this type of air conditioner does not require a long installation.
- The function of cooling and heating the air.
- The presence of a timer.
- Remote control.
- The function of ionization and air purification.